– Job Title : Administrative Assistant, G5
– Department / Office : United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs
– Location : Seoul, Republic of Korea
– Posting Period : 3-11 February 2014
– Responsibilities : Within delegated authority and under the supervision of the Head of UNPOG, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
(1) Human Resources Management;
(2) Monitors, reviews and follows-up on specific actions related to the administration of the UNPOG’s human resource activities, e.g., leave and other local human resource requirements, ensuring coordination with DPADM/UNDESA’s practices and consistency in the application of regulations and procedures;
(3) Enters, maintains and certifies administrative data and records for time and attendance, performance appraisal, etc. in electronic information systems;
(4) Reviews entitlements-related claims and reports;
(5) Provides advice and guidance to staff with respect to administrative procedures, processes and practices, liaising with central administrative services as necessary;
(6) Consolidates data received and provides support to the Office with respect to monitoring expenses and local administrative procedures;
(7) Reviews status of relevant expenditures and compares with approved budget; and so on.
– Education : High school diploma or equivalent.
– Work Experience : Five years of experience in administrative services, finance, accounting, audit, human resources or related area.
– Languages : English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
– Assessment Method :
(1) Must take and pass the United Nations Administrative Support Assessment Test (ASAT) at Headquarters or an equivalent locally-administered test at Offices away from Headquarters.
(2) An assessment and competency based interview will be conducted as part of the recruitment process for this position.
Interested applicants should send Personal History Form (P11), curriculum vitae, and cover letter to email@example.com by 13:00 PM, 11 February 2014.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited by phone call to take a written exam.
Please visit www.unpog.org for further information.